Image by sunshinecity, CC BY
https://flic.kr/p/2v76ZB
When ranking the top 5 of my World's biggest problems, I found these to be my top 5 issues:
1)International Terrorism
2) Armed Conflict
3) Unsafe drinking water
4) Police Brutality
5) Women's rights
These were my top 5 solutions to these problems in order:
1) Stronger gun control laws to minimize armed conflict between civilians and to prevent mass shootings.
2)Stop ignoring the problem of unsafe drinking water and share technologies that we have already implemented to first fix the water issue we have in Flint, MI and then other places.
3) Stricter laws preventing women from being punished for seeking education, denying marriage, etc.
4) Retraining police forces to minimize police brutality
5) Calming tensions between countries, however easier said than done.
I chose International terrorism as a top world problem because many countries are facing this issue and living in fear due to this, therefore in my mind, this goes first. Second would be armed conflict because there are numerous stories day after day in many countries surrounding a mass shooting of civilians. There is usually conflict that is unnecessary and people end up dying for pointless reasons therefore I ranked it second. Third would be unsafe drinking water because it still blows my mind that this is still a problem not only in our world, but right here in our own country, where we can genetically modify food to grow in ridiculous amounts but we cannot even have safe drinking water? Fourth would be the police brutality issue because around the world this is an issue that I feel needs to be addressed more, especially here in the US. Although last, I felt it was very important to rank women's rights because even though our country has made strides toward improving this, not all other countries have and more efforts should be made for women's equality in my opinion.
My first ranked solution was stronger gun control laws because I felt like this could help two of my top problems: armed conflict and international terrorism. It is also a popular topic here in our country due to mass shootings reaching extremely high number and I feel like this is the most implementable solution on my list. Second, I felt like fixing the unsafe drinking water with existing technology would be next because it is a shame that right here in our own country we have this issue due to pure negligence. We have the means and technology to fix the issue, yet it was not fixed. This is also a widespread issue around the world that is affecting families and children. Something as simple as water is causing illnesses. The next two, I was not 100% sure as to why I ranked them in this order because I feel like they can be interchanged. I ranked calming tensions last because I felt like out of all of my solutions, this is the hardest to implement because it is not something that happens overnight. Resolving tensions and removing terrorist groups from being a threat is easier said than done, therefore I ranked it last.

Hi Breyenne! your rankings seem reasonable. I consider that you have done a good analysis of the situations that are going on in our world now a days. However, i disagree in your most "doable" solution. I would think that because of how technologic society is fixing the contamination in water would be a more easy problem to solve than the gun control. We have to understand that the United States has always been recognized by their gun freedom and take that away is a huge deal. other than that i feel that your rankings were on point and i enjoyed analyzing them.
ReplyDeleteHere is the link to mine!
http://heosorio.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html