As I was reading this chapter, I noticed that this chapter was very heavy in characteristics that one should have and how to deal with ethical crisis. However, one part of this chapter that surprised me or was not something that I was expecting to happen was section that Kuratko wrote about the grief recovery process. Usually when you do hear about grief recovery we do always hear the traditional process: focusing on the particular loss and construct accounts as to why it happened. This "restoration orientation" was a concept that I was surprised to read about. Distracting yourself from the failure and focusing on essentially becoming better. This, in my eyes, should be what the traditional model is all about.
One part of this chapter that I did find particularly confusing was when the shift changed from ethical dilemmas facing the entrepreneur to ethical dilemmas facing corporate entrepreneurship. I see corporate entrepreneurship as falling under the management category, and I am currently taking Management as a course this semester as well, therefore I see similar themes. I would say my confusion was mainly in the way the wording was, not so much the context of the section.
There was no section in this chapter that I specifically disagreed with, as most of the information presented about the entrepreneurial mindset was new to me. I did not know that some of these characteristics were classified as being under the entrepreneurial mindset and a few were some that I would say I possess.
If I were to ask a question to the author I would want to know how exactly this list of 42 characteristics of an entrepreneur was compiled. I want to know if it was based off of a study, survey, research, etc. Outside of that question, the chapter was insightful and I was thrilled to see I possessed these characteristics of an entrepreneurial mindset.
No comments:
Post a Comment