One thing that I did find surprising about this reading for the week was the section that included the most common idea killers as well as the creative exercises that were integrated into this section. Up until this week's reading, there has not been any creative exercises added to the chapter so I did find this to be surprising. It gave me a chance to see how creative I really was because I consider myself as a person who is not extremely creative because I can focus more on the serious aspects of the job. Actually seeing that I can come up with some creative ideas myself somewhat changed my mind about how creative I consider myself. The list of common idea killers was interesting to me because I have been told several of these before and I can say that they have worked! It was just different actually reading the list instead of hearing it.
One section that I found a tad confusing was the section about the innovation process mainly because of how wordy and technological it got. This was a brand new concept to me that I have not previously learned therefore when I started reading the section, I found myself somewhat struggling through it because it involved a lot more than I was expecting. If I were able to ask the author two questions, I would ask:
1) How did you gather that information for your list of most common idea killers? Survey?
2) How effective are the principles of innovation? Will all of these rules combined guarantee innovation?
I would ask these questions specifically because I want to know why some idea killers are up there and some are not because there are a few that I can think of however, were these results based on a survey? Same thing with the principles of innovation. Was this list compiled from a panel of entrepreneurs? Just curiosity. As far as what I think the author was wrong about, I found myself agreeing with the material in this chapter.
No comments:
Post a Comment