One thing that stood out the most to me while reading this chapter would be the concept of Gazelles, or a small business with at least 20 percent sales growth every year, for five years, starting with a base of at least $100,000. It was really surprising to see the growth and successes of these smaller firms when compared to larger ones. We usually hear more about smaller firms and businesses failing within the first few years and I think it was pretty awesome how the book recognized the successes of small firms so early in the book. One thing that I was particularly confused about was the dynamic states approach section. I read the section and I analyzed the chart however I am still a bit confused as to what it really means.
This would lead me to want to ask these two questions:
1) Can you explain to me what exactly the dynamic states approach does in a simpler fashion?
-I'd want to ask this not only for clarity but maybe there is just something that I don't quite understand about it.
2) Can you explain the integrative approach a bit better?
-I'd ask this because I have a general overview of what it does however, the chart makes things somewhat confusing for me to understand.
I would not necessarily disagree with anything that is currently in the text that the author wrote, however I would maybe simplify the explanations a bit to prevent confusion when looking at the charts.
No comments:
Post a Comment