Sunday, April 17, 2016
Week 14 Reading Reflection
Something that I found interesting about the reading for this week would be the definition of a social entrepreneur and the two types of innovation that was mentioned in the chapter about corporate entrepreneurship. I found these two to be interesting because firstly, the term "social entrepreneur" was not one that I had heard of before. However, after reading the section and finding our that these are people who adopt missions for social values, I do see more social entrepreneurs these days than before. As for the two types of innovation, I did know that there was radical innovation however I did not know that there was a specific term in relations to incremental innovation. Something that I was confused about was mainly within the corporate entrepreneurship chapter since I did find the reading about social entrepreneurship more interesting. I found the whole concept of intracapital confusing because there was only one sentence in reference to it, however I want to know more. This leads me to one of the questions I have in regards to intracapital: in what circumstances would you need to use it? Meaning an example of this kind of behavior. My other question would be why the author chose to mention the concept of I-teams well before defining what it meant? I feel like this is just a style issue, however I was slightly confused when I first read the section and later saw the definition. I do not disagree with the author in regards to the content and organization of the chapters in themselves because the information was very enlightening and I do appreciate that the first chapter dealt with corporate and then it transitioned into social entrepreneurship.
Labels:
Week 14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment