Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Going For Google Gold
During this class, I have done certain things within each assignment to ensure search engine optimization. Firstly, with the weekly labels that are included, this does bring attraction to my blog. I used keywords such as entrepreneurship, innovation and I also included words related to my business concept that included public relations and firms. I selected these keywords because they are ones that I thought should be highlighted the most throughout my posts and these choices remained the same throughout the semester. The only social media platform that I used that has influenced my blog was YouTube. Including links to YouTube videos helped not only direct traffic toward my blog, but toward my actualYouTube channel as well. I would say it was generally ignored because my views on YouTube were minimal, however there were views, leading me to believe that there was some activity taking place. According to the number of views on each blog post, my very first Elevator Pitch was viewed the most. I believe that this one has the most views because not only was it done earlier in the semester but it was also most viewed out of the videos that I have posted this semester. After doing a search on Google, I did not end up on the first page for my keyword's results, and once I reached about page 10 on each search, I still did not find my results. Honestly, looking back on it, I feel as if I should not have used such generalized keywords because if I would have had more specific, unique ones, the results would have showed up on the first page.
Labels:
Week 14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Breyenne it seems that the elevator pitch is the main post that is getting the views in all of our blogs. It sounds like you understand on how to get your posts viewed. Unfortunately I did not do this assignment so I can not share my post. Good Luck to you!
ReplyDeleteHi! I have noticed a trend on the elevator pitches! They seem to be the posts with the most traffic. I know I had a good number of views on my elevator pitches, but I think that it is because more people in the world are actually in need of examples of an elevator pitch.. It is all quite curious though. Anyhoo if you would like to you can check out my post here! http://anaksunamoon216.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html
ReplyDeleteHi Breyenne,
ReplyDeleteTo bad you could not make it to the front page! But, I must defend you with the fact that we were not instructed to build our blog around SEO or with SEO in mind, so then again don't beat yourself up. Also, this must mean your elevator pitch was maybe shown around, because I am not sure if I recall us having to comment on a lot of pitches. Anyhow, kudos on your blog. You can take a look at mine here: http://ent3003cesaralfonzo.blogspot.com
Hi breyanne,
ReplyDeleteAlthough I did not complete this assignment, I feel I would have had the same results as yourself. Using general terms and buzzwords, while it helps organize our postings, does little to help set aside our blog. You said that your first elevator pitch received the most views, I'm very curious as to how many exactly that is. Overall, I enjoyed reading your post and learning what insights you had regarding his topic.