Sunday, April 10, 2016
Week 13 Reading Reflection
Something that surprised me about the chapter was learning more about due diligence and how it applies to the entrepreneur and his or her ventures. Due diligence involved a thorough analysis of every facet of the business, which is pretty in-depth. This applies not only to business ventures but for analyzing aspects of one's own life. Knowing what key questions to ask are essential because without asking the right questions, how does one identify those parts of their venture that need work or that are doing particularly well? Something that I found confusing about this chapter was how elaborate the examples were, however I think they should have been placed after the explanation of each component. For example, the book shows you examples of methods for venture valuation and then breaks it down. I feel like it would have been easier reading the information and then going through the examples.I only really had one major question for this chapter and that would have been for more explanation on performing due diligence through the example that was provided in the table in 14.1 as well as the methods for venture valuation. I saw the examples and read the sections however, I was still a bit confused by the information presented to me. I did not think that the author was incorrect with any information provided because this is all relatively new information for me, therefore I feel as if I cannot say that something is wrong. The information was insightful.
Labels:
Week 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment