Sunday, April 10, 2016
Celebrating Failure
Failure is something that I have come to realize as something that is necessary in life to teach you how to be a tenacious person and to get back up after you have been shot down multiple times. Throughout the semester, there have been plenty of different times in which I have experience failure, however one incident that I can remember clearly off of the top of my head would be when I was most recently trained at my current job on a new market of customers. From October 2015 until about February of this year, I had only dealt with customers in Georgia and gas related services. In February, I was trained on how to now answer calls in both Georgia and Texas and now I was dealing with gas and electricity related services. This was a failure for me at first because the level of confusion I faced, along with jumping between two different markets and also being a bilingual customer service representative, it was overwhelming. My scores at work were declining because it would take me longer to resolve issues since I was still learning how to manage all of these responsibilities and remembering the specific rules related to them. What I learned was that failure can sometimes make you break out of your comfort zone to get to the ultimate goal: success. I spoke with my supervisor to see what I could do to help me adjust to the new pressure and took steps within myself to become better adjusted. Sometimes when I fail, I tend to get down and I feel as if everything that I try will never work. However, it has taken me some time to realize that some things will just never work. It is okay to fail and I am fine acknowledging that. This class has impacted my perception of failure in a positive way because it has allowed me to accept that failure will happen. It has also shown me that taking risks is essential. We cannot predict the future, therefore if we fail we must get back up and keep moving toward the better goal ahead.
Labels:
Week 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Breyenne,
ReplyDeleteI 100% agree with you on the potential failure has to take you out of your comfort zone and help you reach your maximum potential. I think its both vital and necessary that we fail in life and in new jobs especially because that is how we ultimately grow and become more powerful. I have failed numerous times when I first started my job this semester, and I still do, but, like you said, i have learned to accept that failure will happen and that we should be willing to take risks. Thanks for sharing and here is a link to my post: http://rodnog95.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html