Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Very Short Interview, Part 2

When I look back at the initial interview that I had with Mr. Mastrangelo, I asked three questions: what does it mean to be an entrepreneur, what should I learn from an entrepreneurship course and what advice is there for me while taking an entrepreneurship course? When I first initially asked these questions, and received the answers that I did, I did not expect the answers to be so true. From where I stand now, two weeks from the end of the semester, I did not expect to see what this man has seen in the last 10 years within four months of a class.

Unfortunately, same as first interview, I was not able to record the interview. I understand and respect his decision to not want to be recorded, however the three questions that I asked were: How much growth do you see in me as a person compared to the first time we spoke, What advice would you have for me as far as the business world upon graduation, and what does entrepreneurship mean to you? The answers that I received were a lot more elaborate compared to the first interview, and Mr. Mastrangelo did mention that he did see growth in me as a person, therefore he felt as if he could speak and I would relate more since now I did know what it was like to think in an entrepreneurial mindset. He was also surprised to see that this is what I learned from a class because in the initial interview he was skeptical as far as how much I would actually learn from a class instead of actually creating a business. I definitely enjoyed our second conversation much more because I felt as if I were talking to an equal rather than someone who knew something versus someone who knew nothing.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog post and believe that you asked your entrepreneur very meaningful questions. I think it was rather interesting that your entrepreneur said you had changed and grown throughout the semester. I believe it would have been beneficial to ask him about your venture and his opinion on it. Although I did not do the assignment, you can check out my blog at http://ent3003tb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breyenne,
    I’m glad you received some valuable insight from Mr. Mastrangelo. I wish I could have seen his side of answering your interview questions. I know you didn’t get a chance to record it, but you could have took notes or wrote a summary of your conversation. I think it’s great that you learned more out of this class than what you initially thought you would learn. I wasn’t sure about all I would learn from this class as well. However, I learned much more than how to get started in the right direction for building a business. My short interview went well. I created my assignment in an interview format. You should check it out at: http://entuf.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Breyenne,

    I'm glad that your second interview went great and that the the interviewee also saw a difference in your demeanor from now compared to back then. After doing several interviews for this class, you get more and more comfortable in asking certain questions to people you barely now. I would say Im more confident now then i was in the beginning of this class. check out my post.http://jalekatircioglu.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete