Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Idea Napkin No 2.

Me... Again :) 
My name is Breyenne Flynch, but I most often just go by the name Brey. My skills include great time management, organizational skills, great communication and I am a self-starter when it comes to completion of tasks. My experience includes over two years of retail and customer service experience, therefore I know what it takes in order to heighten the overall customer experience. I also have over a year of supervisory experience, therefore giving me necessary skills to lead a large team of people in high stress situations. My aspirations, as far as with this business venture and in my own personal goals, I would one day like to own my own public relations firm that will be able to help clients meet their organizational goals or help them in times of crisis. I see this playing a huge role in my life because this is something that I care about, something that I can see myself doing long term and it aligns with the skills that I currently possess and will continue to grow. 


What can I offer to customers?
With my business, Inspiration PR, I am offering customers a chance to reach out for the help they need for their businesses to grow and maintain their businesses. We want to help businesses, whether they are in a crisis or just want good publicity, get and keep their flow of customers through means they may not be able to access themselves. Inspiration PR is a great way for businesses to have high quality campaigns for their needs at a cost that is beyond affordable. We would provide campaigns that target key problems that companies face such as awareness, creating and maintaining relationships with not only consumers but with other businesses, as well as protect the image and vision that companies believe in while still being successful.  


Who am I offering to?
Considering my concept for a business is a PR firm, my consumer target audience is more toward small business owners or small firms that would need promotional/campaign help for crises or to spread awareness about their businesses. This would not be on an individual basis because it would allocate many resources and not be nearly as successful with maintaining relationships. 


Why do they care?
I feel like customers would use my services if they are in a place where they cannot advertise their businesses, are facing some sort of crisis that may affect business or just want to spread awareness about services. This would help build their customer base up to a substantial point and I feel like businesses that have no where else to turn could want to use this service. 


My core competencies?
What sets me apart from other PR firms would be that Inspiration PR is targeted more toward small businesses and firms compared to other agencies being more specialized in specific industries and for larger businesses due to receiving more money. The goal of my company is not necessarily to get the most income, but to provide quality service for a reasonable price. 

When I look at this "idea napkin" again,  I still feel that there are some components that I can work on. I also feel like I still question the direction that I would want to take with the business. However I feel like with more input, I can develop my idea more.



Feedback Memo

From the first Idea napkin, there were some things that I took away from the feedback. One thing that I did see was confusion with my "Inspiration PR" term. This was an idea for a name of the company, not necessarily a selling point. Another thing I noticed was having more specifics with what I was offering. This time around, I added more specifics to what I have to offer as a public relations firm. Also, I noticed that many comments pointed toward my passion for public relations and related fields, so I decided to keep that passion evident within this idea napkin. Another comment was becoming more specialized, and I'm not sure if this means more specialized within a specific field of businesses, therefore I would like more clarity on that before I make any changes.  Lastly, one big thing I noticed from the feedback was how supportive others were of the idea, which gave me more confidence in what I was creating. When I went through this idea napkin, I was less worried about the negativity and more accepting of comments that criticized the work because I knew it would only make the concept better!

2 comments:

  1. I think this idea is great! I believe what they mean by specialize was about segmentation. Since you say your target audience are small business but specifically what type of small business? There are millions of small businesses and technically all small business want to be known. Maybe you could specialize in funny campaigns where people come to you to ask you for campaigns that brings a smile to their faces.

    http://notimportantrightnow.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breyenne,

    Your idea sounds great! I can relate to your retail experience. I currently work retail and have been with the same company for over three years. A PR firm for other businesses sounds like a success. The campaign concept includes more than just PR; it would be great to include other areas of expertise in the firm, such as advertising. A mix of public relations and advertising make for an ideal campaign. If you get a chance, please check out my idea napkin at http://innovationnation101.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html.

    ReplyDelete