My top 10 resources
1) Bilingual: While there are many people who speak more than one language this day in age, it is something that is valuable because it allows me to communicate with others in a different language. However, this is not something that is rare or inimitable.
2) Seeking a degree in Public Relations from the University of Florida: This is something that is valuable, somewhat rare, inimitable and non-substitutable. I say this because UF has one of the best programs when it comes to public relations and the training and classes I have taken here places me at an advantage. Considering I also attended UCF and saw the program that the school offers, I can say that I am at an advantage with the training I received from UF.
3) Internship experience: This is something that is valuable but not so much rare or inimitable. I have interned with a performing arts non-profit organization and I know some of the things necessary to keep the appeal within the community for these things.
4) Living abroad and in different cities: I feel like having this cultural experience is valuable because I have had experience around varieties of people therefore I have a pretty great sense of how many people think and act. Living abroad in Italy, as well as being from New York City, there is a lot of experience seen with different cultures and personalities.
5)My age: As a millennial, this is valuable to my Public relations service is pretty valuable because I know what people of my age category are looking for in regards to entertainment and it would help me better service my clients.
6) Potential location: I think something else that is valuable to my business of a public relations campaign would be the potential location. Most public relations locations are usually located in big cities and mine would be located in a college town because my target clientele are small businesses in college towns.
7) Technical skills: I have experience with Microsoft Office and with Adobe creative cloud, which is valuable and puts me at an advantage because there are not many who have this kind of experience unless it is in a field in which they are pursuing. Also, surprisingly, there are public relations professionals that do not have this experience.
8) Photo/Video experience: I have had experience with Photoshop as well as with editing and producing videos not only for class but for personal use. This gives me an advantage because it can also help me with my clients in helping with promotional material.
9) Research skills: I have experience with conducting research through classes in my major that
10) Outside organizations/networks: Being an ambassador for my college, as well as a member of a business fraternity and a sorority, my networks have definitely increased and opened up which has put me at an advantage.
My best advantage, even though after completing this list I feel like my idea is terrible, would be the fact that I have had experience in multiple living situations. This is the most important because I believe that having this experience with living in multiple states, cities and even another country, I have a great idea of how different people think and have also experienced nightlife. So I have seen how many different people like to have fun and this would assist me best when it comes to assisting clients with their businesses.
You did a good job on this assignment. I don't think your idea is bad and I definitely feel like you've got a lot of great assets to add to your company. I agree that your best advantage is having experienced living in different places across the U.S. and even outside the U.S. You have met people from all different cultures and have seen how they interact with each other, which is definitely beneficial to your company. Good luck on everything!
ReplyDeleteHere's a link to my unfair advantage if you'd like to check it out: http://kalimcauleyentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html
Hello Breyenne! For starters, let me say that your post was very well organized (I had a tough time understanding some) and I believe that you are spot on with your best advantage. Being able to relate and deal with a lot of different people is a skill that many lack. Leadership skills come a lot more natural if you understand and sympathize with the troubles people are having when trying to overcome a problem. You should go and check out my post at ey Brad, sorry but I'm not really following your post all that well... But I do agree with you conclusion because prior experience is always key to knowing what is being done correctly and helps being able to identify what is being done incorrectly and needs to be modified. You should go and check out my unfair advantage post at http://jakesentrepreneurshipuf.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html
ReplyDelete