Sunday, March 20, 2016

Week 10 Reading Reflection

Something that I found interesting about this chapter was the breakdown of each plan and statement. For example, the section on the income statement is broken down into five major sections and they are all explained. This, for me, made it easier to understand how they flow together and the several components that need to be part of each statement.
Something that confused me in this chapter was the section on break-even analysis and the section on the operating budget. The reason this was so confusing to me was because the formulas incorporated in those sections made me nervous. Math was never my subject so when I initially read the sections, I was confused in remembering what variable stood for what and how it tied into the sections. After rereading the section, I was able to somewhat better understand it, however it did leave me rather confused still.
One question I have is: Would the entrepreneur create these financial plans on their own or would they have assistance? Seeing all of these elaborate plans and layouts for budgets makes me wonder if the entrepreneur has a financial team member or is the entrepreneur doing all of the budgeting themselves?
I did not find anything wrong with the chapter considering the fact that I did not know much about financial preparation for entrepreneurial endeavors. Being a public relations major, I do not get much exposure to financial aspects of things or deal much with numbers. Reading this chapter was much of new information therefore there isn't anything that I would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment