Saturday, March 12, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection

One thing that I was surprised to read about was the section on social media marketing mainly because I did not expect to come across this section in the chapter. Social media marketing is something that I know a good deal about due to the fact that I am a public relations major, and social media is key to our field. I also enjoyed the control versus contribution differences between social media marketing and traditional marketing because it shows how social media marketing influences audiences to become more engaged rather than controlling the content seen by the audience.
One thing that I am confused about is the concept of guerrilla marketing. I am not really confused about it, I just wanted to know more about it. For example, what is a good example of this tactic in use within the business world? Which would also be one of the questions that I would ask. The section on guerrilla marketing was informational as to how the plan works, however maybe an example case study would've given me more clarity. One more question I would ask would be directed toward the concepts involved in pricing within the social media age. The differentiations of the models are a tad confusing. The main thing that I would change about this chapter would only be to add more examples to the chapter so that way I can see how the information would be applied in actual scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment