Reading this chapter, one concept that stood out to me was the concept of social lending, also known as crowd funding. One reason why it stood out so much to me was because this was a phenomenon that I have heard about before however I did not know how it worked exactly. Now seeing that it is something that is mostly internet-based and provides people with alternatives for funds when commercial lending is unavailable.
Something that I am still confused about is the section on venture capital market. I understand the generalities of the concept however, some of the material within those few pages on that section still left me a bit confused. Possibly because the information is still so new for me.
I only had one question for this section that I wanted to ask:
1) Do "sophisticated" investors work alone or do they work in teams? I just wondered since when I read the section it seems as if it were one knowledgeable person who did the investing, but it could be a team.
There is not much that I would change about this chapter because I did not know much about how these sources of capital worked and for what situations they applied to. Therefore, there is not anything that I would change.
No comments:
Post a Comment