Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 5 Reading Reflection

The biggest surprise when reading this section I would have to say was seeing the section about legal structures for entrepreneurial ventures. More specifically, reading the sections that appealed to sole proprietorships and partnerships. Mainly because when I took Microeconomics, I remember these topics. Seeing how all of the classes that I have taken all blend together and seeing how they work in their individual ways was actually surprising to me.

One section that confused me, I would have to say, was seeing the intellectual property section. Last semester I took a Mass Media Law course in which we spent a good portion of the semester discussing intellectual property and even then the topic was not too clear to me because I did not find the information as interesting as other topics covered in our class. Now that I see the information again, I understand the concept however I know if I were to have to answer questions in regards to specifics about intellectual property, I know it would take me more time to answer those than other topics
Two questions that I would have to ask would be:

  • What are some big examples of L3C companies?
  • What is the reasoning for different types of bankruptcy?
I would want to know the answer to these questions because I have never heard of L3C companies and I do not know much about bankruptcy, therefore by natural curiosity I would want to know what they were about. 

There is not much that I would change about the chapter considering that I didn't know much about the legalities that go into entrepreneurial ventures, however I did find the information to be interesting because it was all new to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment